At Dentex Dental Studio, we understand your time is extremely valuable. We have uploaded all necessary patient forms on our website so you can complete them in the comfort of your own home.
When you arrive, you will be greeted by our receptionist, who will review all submitted information with you.
You will be given a tour of the facilities and be introduced to the entire team that will be in charge of your care.
Initial X-rays, digital records, and photos will be taken by our highly trained staff with the latest state-of-the-art technology to ensure absolute minimal exposure.
Your initial exam will include:
- Comprehensive oral facial examination
- Oral cancer screening
- Oral hygiene counseling
- Diet counseling
- Complimentary biofunctional and cosmetic consultation
- Personalized treatment plan designed specifically to suit your needs and your lifestyle
During your Exam, Dr. Jin will assess not only the health of your teeth but also your gums and recommend dental prophylaxis cleaning. If your gums bleed frequently with brushing or flossing or you have had a history of gum disease, a more specific treatment regimen will be recommended.
What is a dental prophylaxis cleaning?
A dental prophylaxis is a cleaning treatment performed to thoroughly clean the teeth and gums. Prophylaxis is an important dental treatment for preventing the progression of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Prophylaxis is an effective procedure in keeping the oral cavity in proper health and controlling the progression of gum disease. The benefits include:
- Plaque removal. Tartar (also referred to as calculus) and plaque buildup, both above and below the gum line, can result in serious periodontal problems. Unfortunately, even with a proper home brushing and flossing routine, it can be impossible to remove all debris, bacteria and deposits from gum pockets. The experienced eye of a dentist or hygienist using specialized dental equipment is necessary to catch potentially damaging buildup.
- A healthier looking smile. Stained and yellowed teeth can dramatically decrease the esthetics of a smile. Prophylaxis is an effective treatment in ridding the teeth of these unsightly stains.
- Fresher breath. Bad breath (or halitosis) is generally indicative of advancing periodontal disease. A combination of rotting food particles (possibly below the gum line) and potential gangrene stemming from gum infection, results in bad breath. The routine removal of plaque, calculus and bacteria at our facility can noticeably improve halitosis and reduce infection.
Prophylaxis can be performed at our office. We recommend that prophylaxis be performed at least 2x per year as a preventative measure. Many of our patients also prefer to come in 3-4 times per year as well. As our patient, we will create a personalized cleaning schedule to ensure your optimal health!
As our patient, your needs and goals will always be our absolute top priority.